Young People Project
Engage with and stimulate activity with children and young people to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour and increase citizenship and community cohesion.
- Develop a programme of recreational and sporting opportunities to reduce crime and anti social behaviour
- Provide advice and guidance for young people to enable support and promote positive family relationships to foster tolerance and mutual respect
- Promote health promotion and awareness of sexual health
- Promote activities to provide drug and alcohol education
- Train young people in first aid
- Develop a programme for personal safety and reduce fear of crime
- Increase confidence and self esteem to reduce bullying
- Provide parenting skills workshops for young parents
- Promote activities/ workshops/ seminars which improve educational skills and enable children and young people to learn new skills
- Promote citizenship throughout all activity
- Share exchange programmes to learn about culture and exchange ideas
- Work within the ethos of “Every Child Matters”
Cultural Heritage Programme
To raise awareness and understanding of the cultural inheritance and legacy of diverse Muslim communities in Birmingham and the West Midlands to increase cultural understanding and promote community cohesion.
- Heritage and arts training workshops,
- Religious studies and interfaith learning
- Collect the primary materials (i.e. photographs, artefacts and stories etc)
- Form partnerships to access and share information
- Development, forums, story telling discussion groups around common issues and interests.
- Promote and develop activities in the arts,
- Produce materials which can be used for educational purposes (i.e. CD Rom, exhibition, book, website and seminars)